World War Z: Aftermath is a zombie shooter game created by Saber Interactive Inc. You can play with friends in the online co-op mode. Take on horsed of zombies across iconic settings from the movie. Each player has a different role to play with many unique classes. Customize your weapons and work together with others to survive. When playing online, lag is one of your worst enemies. Some of these problems are caused by your own connection to the server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in World War Z: Aftermath
Here is the quickest way to improve World War Z: Aftermath lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch World War Z: Aftermath and enjoy!
Want to fix World War Z: Aftermath lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in World War Z: Aftermath
One of the best ways to combat lag is by strengthening your internet connection. There are many ways to go about improving your speed. Our first recommendation is to use a LAN cable connection when possible. It provides a stronger and faster connection than WiFi. However, we understand this is not possible for everyone. Sometimes the games server is the issue. When this is the case, you may want to change up when you play. For more popular titles, crowded servers can cause problems. Switching to different hours may improve your gaming experience.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
World War Z: Aftermath Server Locations
Saber Interactive Inc has not released the server locations. However, we believe they have servers throughout the world. Based on this and where other companies host their games, we have recommended some VPN server locations based on the region you may want to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for World War Z: Aftermath. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, Intel core i7-3970, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – AMD Radeon R9 280, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play World War Z: Aftermath with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our top pick for helping your fix lag. The service helps your decrease ping across many devices. ExpressVPN can help you whether you are on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, or GeForce Now. The service can be used at home or while traveling, stop laggy experiences, and protect your privacy. You can have ExpressVPN active on up to five devices at a time. The service can also be run through your router. There is even an app to assist you in setting it up. ExpressVPN will help you fix lag on any device.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.