Madden 22 is the newest edition to the franchise. This years cover features Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. This is the second year that Madden has been on the new gen consoles. It has planned to bring many changes to the game. One of the biggest is dynamic gameday atmosphere that will give each stadium its own advantages. Playing away will be harder as the crowds will help push momentum. Meanwhile, the franchise mode getting a complete overhaul.
You will have more control of your coaches and players with a new upgrade trees. Along with this there will be releases throughout the year that bring new content to the game mode. The first is scheduled for September and will change the way you scout players. Face of the Franchise, Ultimate Team, Superstar KO, and The Yard are returning. Along with this, the developers are adding more highlight making superstar x-factors. Those who like playing in online in Madden NFL 22 may encounter lag. This can ruin your football experience especially when you are participating in 32 player franchise leagues. In this post we will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Madden 22
Here is the quickest way to improve Madden 22 lag on PC.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Madden 22 and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Madden 22 Lag?
The popularity of Madden is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will play with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Madden NFL 22. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Madden 22
For the fastest connection you will want to use a LAN cable. If that isn’t possible you may want to set a separate WiFi network for gaming or prioritize your traffic. Want to see the EA servers are down or others are having issues? You can check the status of EA servers on Playstation Network and Xbox Live. You can also look at Downdetector to see if others are having issues connecting to EA server and playing their games.
Let’s continue to look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Madden 22 Server Locations
EA uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host Madden 22. This is great as AWS servers are located very close to ExpressVPN’s servers.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Madden 22. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor – AMD FX 8150 3.6GHz, Intel Core i5-3550 3.40GHz, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – Radeon R9 270x, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Madden 22 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our pick for best VPN to reduce lag. It will allow you to improve your gaming experience on a variety of devices. You will be able to install an easy to use app for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch users can enhance their game play by using the ExpressVPN app on compatible routers or taking advantage of MediaStreamer. The MediaStreamer service is available for all ExpressVPN users and it works on many devices. It allows you to increase your speed even further. However, it does not give you the extra privacy protection a VPN will offer you. ExpressVPN will allow you to make your game faster on many devices.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.