FIFA 23 is set to be one of the biggest in the series. It is one of EA’s most popular series. It has a giant roster of soccer clubs from throughout the world. Participate in some of the best football leagues like the EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Seria A, LaLiga, and MLS. Career mode and FUT are returning with many upgrades. You also have the ability to make your own club this year. Create a name, crest, stadium, kit, and squad. Volta Football is returning with more locations and some minor updates. In it, you can play 3v3, 4v4, or 5v5. PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia versions of the game have use a new hypermotion technology to more accurately show how players move.
Playing the game is a lot of fun. However, problems like ping spikes, rubber-banding, and input lag in FIFA 23 can be frustrating. While some of this is caused by the game server, the rest is actually a result of your own connection to the game server.
In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in FIFA 23
Here is the quickest way to improve FIFA 23 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch FIFA 23 and enjoy!
Want to fix FIFA 23 lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does FIFA 23 Lag on PS4 or Xbox One?
The popularity of FIFA 23 is both a blessing and a curse. You will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on PS4 or Xbox One then you can expect lag spikes when playing FIFA 23.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in FIFA 23
Start by checking the status of EA’s servers on Playstation Network and Xbox Live. You might also check Downdetector to see if others are having trouble with connections for EA games. If everything looks good then you can move on to your own setup.
We recommend connecting your system via LAN cable whenever possible as WiFi is less reliable and connection speeds can vary on wireless networks. This can help with problems with speed up lag. However, another way to fix it would be to connect to a location close to the EA server you are playing on.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
FIFA 23 Server Locations
Electronic Arts has not released how they host FIFA 23, but they use Amazon Web Services (AWS) for most of their big titles. This is great as AWS servers are very close to ExpressVPN servers.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for FIFA 23. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- Processor – AMD FX 8150, Intel i5-3550, or better
- Video card – AMD Radeon R9 270X, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, or better
- Memory – 8 GB
How to Play FIFA 23 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.