Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is a new action RPG. It takes place in the Three Kingdoms setting and was developed by the team that created Nioh. In the game you play as a soldier trying to defeat the demons that plague the kingdom. There is a lot of room for variety with many weapons and spells to choose from. Defend the nation and fight a large amount of enemies. The game features a single-player mode, online co-op, and online PvP. Those wanting to play with others may experience issues with staggering and poor framerates. Many of these problems are caused by your connection to the game servers. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Here is the quickest way to improve Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and enjoy!
Want to fix Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Before we go more in depth on how a VPN can help you, let us give you some other alternatives. Those who have slow speeds may want to look into how they are connecting to the internet. Consider using a LAN cable when possible. A wired connection will provide more stable and faster speeds than WiFi. Another suggestion that we have for those having framerate issues is setting the graphic quality of the games down. Often, the drop in graphics will increase the performance of the game. For those playing on PC, it is important to have a system that is up to date. We will go over the requirements for the title more in a later section.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Server Locations
The developer has not announced how they host the online elements of the game. However, since the title primarily uses online co-op and PvP, we think it uses a peer-to-peer connection. To create a better gaming experience, you will want to connect to a server close to where the person hosting the game lives. This will give your data a more direct route to increase speeds. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for The Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i7-8700, AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.