Way of the Hunter is a new adventure and FPS game that starts you off as the owner of a hunting lodge. Explore the rich environment filled with many animals to find and hunt. Earn unique trophies from each animal. The realistic game gives you a variety of different weapons to choose from. Hunt on foot or travel by car through the United States and Europe based environments. The weather and day system gives the game more realistic feel as animals will react to the changes. You can even invite your friends to join the hunt through the games online co-op mode. Some players may have a hard time playing online. Lag is a problem that may decrease your enjoyment. This is often caused by your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Way of the Hunter
Here is the quickest way to improve Way of the Hunter lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch DNF Duel and enjoy!
Want to fix Way of the Hunter lag on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Way of the Hunter
The main suggestion that we have for all players is trying to increase your speeds. This will most directly help you combat lag. Our first suggestion is to change to LAN cable if possible. A wired connection will normally give you a stronger and more stable connection that WiFi. We understand this is not possible for everyone, but understand that some of your issues may be caused by this. Another suggestion that we have for improving the speed of your game is decreasing the graphic settings. What you lose in overall looks is normally made up for by performance.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Way of the Hunter Server Locations
Nine Rocks Games has not released how they will be hosting the game. However, we believe that since its online gameplay is co-op it will probably use peer to peer servers. If this is the case you will want to connect to a location close to where the host lives. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Way of the Hunter. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel i7 quad-core or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVidia GTX 2070 Super 8GB VRAM or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Way of the Hunter with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our top pick for helping your fix lag. The service helps your decrease ping across many devices. ExpressVPN can help you whether you are on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, or GeForce Now. The service can be used at home or while traveling, stop laggy experiences, and protect your privacy. You can have ExpressVPN active on up to five devices at a time. The service can also be run through your router. There is even an app to assist you in setting it up. ExpressVPN will help you fix lag on any device.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.