Watch Dogs: Legion is an action-adventure game created by Ubisoft Toronto. In the game, you will have to fight to take down those who have taken over London. You can play as anyone in the city and every person is unique. This includes boxers, construction workers, and musicians. Each person has their own story and skills. Its your job to find the best people to help in the resistance. You can even play online with others to tackle missions together. Watch Dogs is a popular franchise that is played by millions. You may have had lag in a game. Some of this is caused by the servers, but many times its your own connection to the game causing the laggy gameplay. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Amazon Luna, and Google Stadia.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Watch Dogs: Legion
Here is the quickest way to improve Watch Dogs: Legion lag on PC, Amazon Luna, Google Stadia with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Watch Dogs: Legion and enjoy!
Want to fix Watch Dogs: Legion lag on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Watch Dogs: Legion Lag?
The popularity of the Watch Dogs series is both a blessing and a curse. As I mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Watch Dogs: Legion. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Watch Dogs: Legion
Those who are playing on PC will want to start by check their specs. We will go over this more in a further section. Another thing that will help all gamers whether on console or PC is connecting your system via a LAN cable. WiFi is not as reliable and will often lead to slow speeds. However, we know this is not an option for all gamers. Just realize that this might be one of the reasons your game is lying.
Let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Watch Dogs: Legion Server Locations
Amazon Web Services is used by many of the biggest gaming companies. Ubisoft uses it for many of their other games, so it probably uses the same service for Watch Dogs: Legion. This is great as AWS servers are located very close to ExpressVPN’s servers.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Watch Dogs: Legion. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits)
- Processor – Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Watch Dogs: Legion with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience