Digital Extreme released Warframe in 2013. The action game has choose from 30 unique Warframes. Each have their own abilities. The customization on them allows you to adjust them to support your play style. Whether you want to melee through enemies, shoot everything in sight, or sneak through enemy lines, your decision is supported by the game. You can play with friends or with others through squads. When playing the Warframe online, you may experience lag. A lot of it is caused by your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Warframe
Here is the quickest way to improve Warframe lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Warframe and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on Xbox Series X, PS5, Xbox One, or PS4? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Warframe Lag?
The popularity of the Warframe franchise is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Warframe. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Warframe
Let’s start by examining your setup. Try to connect your system to your network with a LAN cable for the best performance. Unable to do this? I understand as most users connect to home networks via WiFi. Just realize this will reduce your speed to some degree. Let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Warframe Server Locations
Warframe uses peer-to-peer servers. This means you will want to connect to a location close to the person hosting your game Based off this we were able to choose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angles
- Canada – Toronto
- Europe- Frankfurt and London
- Asia Pacific – Tokyo, Singapore, or Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Warframe. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7 (64-bits) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo e6400, AMD Athlon x64 4000+, or better
- Video card – DirectX 10+ capable Graphics Card or better
- RAM – 4 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Warframe with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.