V Rising is a new title created by Stunlock Studios. The game released into early access on May 17th, 2022. Play as a vampire that must hunt for blood and escape the sunlight to live. Explore the vast open world and find great resources. Create your own castle to keep all of your treasure and serve as your own base. Grow an army and make friends to help defend your vast wealth. Whether you want to team up with other vampires through manipulation and diplomacy or you want to defeat others in combat, your play style is supported in V Rising. Those wanting to play online may have a problem with lag. Much of this is caused by your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in V Rising
Here is the quickest way to improve V Rising lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch V Rising and enjoy!
You can also use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service for a faster experience.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your system.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your system to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does V Rising Lag?
The popularity of V Rising is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing V Rising. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in V Rising
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
V Rising Server Locations
Sunlock has announced that they have many server providers. You can even make your own dedicated server to play on. If you are playing on someone else’s server, you will want to connect to a server location as close to the player as possible. Based on this and what region you want to play in, we have made some recommendations.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto and Montreal
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Seoul. Tokyo, Sydney, Chennai
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for V Rising. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor – Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz, or better
- Memory – 12 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play V Rising with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is the best service for reducing ping times. A VPN will help you connect to different regions of the world and fix lag. It will also help you by masking your IP address. Professional gamers and streamers will benefit as you will be less vulnerable to DDoS attacks. ExpressVPN provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection. A VPN will also give you a new IP from a region of your choosing. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations in 94 separate countries. With your new IP address, you can unblock games and play with friends internationally. ExpressVPN will help you reduce ping and protect your privacy.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.