Totally Accurate Battlegrounds is a free to play Battle Royale game created by Landfall. You will fight alone or with your friends in squads or solo with up to 60 players. What makes this game different is its physics engine. Created based off that of one of the other companies biggest titles, TABS, TABG’s character wobble while walking, shooting, and parkouring. This leads to hits that send people flying. There are over 90 weapons to use in the game. Along with this there is curses and blessings that you can pick to add more madness. Those who die in the match can even try to come back through the minigames in Limbo. Even customize your character with unique catchphrases. However, some users may run into lag when playing online. One of the fun parts of TABG is the weird physics, but when its caused by lag its not as fun. We will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
Here is the quickest way to improve Totally Accurate Battlegrounds lag on PC.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Totally Accurate Battlegrounds and enjoy!
You can also use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service for a faster experience.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your system.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your system to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does TABG Lag?
The popularity of TABG is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Atlas. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
TABG Server Locations
Landfall has not announced the location of their servers. The company has been working since the games release to improve their quality. We do know that there are some located throughout the United States. Based on this and where other companies have put their server, we have created a list of some good locations to try.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto or Montreal
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for TABG. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or better
- Processor – Intel i5 3.0 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – GeForce GTX 1650, AMD RX 470, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Totally Accurate Battlegrounds with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.