Titanfall 2 is a thrilling sequel created by Respawn Entertainment. In the title, you pilot titans and wield deadly weapons. The game has a single player campaign mode that has you work behind enemy lines. Meanwhile, the multiplayer mode gives you the same exciting combat with new Titans and Pilot abilities to bring more variety. The first person shooter also has more maps, game modes, and customization options. Titanfall 2’s online gameplay can be a little laggy at times. One of the main causes of this lag is your connection. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Titanfall 2
Here is the quickest way to improve Titanfall 2 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Titanfall 2 and enjoy!
Want to fix Titanfall 2 lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Titanfall 2 Lag?
The popularity of Titanfall 2 is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Titanfall 2. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Titanfall 2
One thing that will help everyone is increasing internet speed and lowering ping times. One of the best ways to do this is connecting your system up via LAN cable. It typically provides faster and better connections than WiFi. We understand that this is not possible for everyone, but this will help those who can. Another suggestion for those experiencing lag is to reduce the graphic quality of the game. What you sacrifice in visuals is normally made up for in performance. Sometimes the server is the cause of the problem. When this is the case, changing the times in which you play can be the solution.
Titanfall 2 Server Locations
Electronic Arts is the publisher of the game. Amazon Web Services is the company that EA typically uses to host there games. We believe that Titanfall 2 uses the same service. ExpressVPN has servers located very close to the AWS.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Titanfall 2. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (64-bit)
- Processor – Intel Core i5-6600 or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Titanfall 2 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.