The Quarry is a survival horror game created by Supermassive Games. In it, you play as one of 9 characters. The goal of the game is to live through the night at Hackett’s Quarry as one of the teenagers. Each decision is critical and their is many branching stories. There are many ways to die and every character has their own story. The game also features a movie mode that allows people to experience the story with less interruptions. There is multiplayer options as well. You and up to 7 others at once online. You take turns controlling characters and make key decisions together through a voting system. Lag can ruin your experience when playing online with others. Some of this is caused by your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in The Quarry
Here is the quickest way to improve The Quarry lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch The Quarry and enjoy!
Want to fix The Quarry lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in The Quarry
Those wanting to reduce lag and high ping can try several methods. The first recommendation that we have is to use a LAN cable connection when possible. It is generally faster and more reliable than WiFi. Another recommendation that we have is reducing the graphic quality of the title. It is normally made up for in performance. You will also want to close some of programs and applications you have running in the background. Sometimes these can take away bandwidth from the game. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
The Quarry Before Server Locations
The servers being used for The Quarry have not been announced. However, we believe it will use peer to peer connection given that it lets you host the game. If this is the case, you will want to connect to a location close to where the host lives. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for The Quarry. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – AMD Ryzen 7-3800XT, Intel i9-10900K, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – Nvidia RTX 2060, Radeon RX 5700, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play The Quarry with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.