The Day Before is a new MMO survival game set in the United States. America has been overrun by a pandemic that causes those infected to seek flesh. The world is deadly and there is more to worry about that just monsters. Other survivors are now fighting over food, weapon, and vehicles. You will be expected to look through the the large open-world for any resources or people that can help you survive. The game has options for playing against or with others online in PvP and Co-op. One of the worst feelings is losing due to lag. This can be caused by the server, but most of the time it comes from your own connection to it. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in The Day Before
Here is the quickest way to improve The Day Before lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch The Day Before and enjoy!
Want to fix The Day Before lag on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in The Day Before
I would first recommend connecting your system via LAN cable if you are able to. It will provide a more stable and faster connection. I understand this is not possible for everyone, but understand that this may be affecting your speeds. Another thing that PC players should consider is checking their system. When the game releases updates, it is possible that you may not meet the needed specs. I will go over this in more detail later. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
The Day Before Server Locations
The servers for The Day Before have not been released. This being said, we can use other similar titles to make good suggestion on where to connect to. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for The Day Before. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i5-6600K, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play The Day Before with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is the best service for reducing ping times. A VPN will help you connect to different regions of the world and fix lag. It will also help you by masking your IP address. Professional gamers and streamers will benefit as you will be less vulnerable to DDoS attacks. ExpressVPN provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection. A VPN will also give you a new IP from a region of your choosing. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations in 94 separate countries. With your new IP address, you can unblock games and play with friends internationally. ExpressVPN will help you reduce ping and protect your privacy.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.