Street Fighter 6 is the newest game in the classic Capcom series. The title will have World Tour, Fighting Ground, and Battle Hub. The starting roster includes classic fighters like Ryu, Ken, Chun-LI, and Zangief. The game also features newer faces like Luke, JP, and Kimberly. Street Fighter 6 full releases on June 2, 2023. However, the title has been released into beta. Those wanting to optimize their time can use a VPN. Gamers playing online may have a hard time due to the lag. One of the main causes is your connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S PS4, Xbox One.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Street Fighter 6
Here is the quickest way to improve Street Fighter 6 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Street Fighter 6 and enjoy!
Want to fix Street Fighter 6 lag on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Street Fighter 6
There are many ways that you can improve the overall performance of your game. The first option relates to framerates. If console or PC is having a hard time running the title, it could be because of the graphic quality you are running it at. We recommend that gamers wanting to optimize their speed lower the graphics. This drop in graphic quality normally is matched with an increase in performance. Another option for those playing on new console like the PS5 is to go into the settings of the device and choosing gameplay/performance over graphics as a priority. Another way for everyone to increase their speeds is using a LAN cable. This will provide a faster and stronger connection than WiFi.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Street Fighter 6 Server Locations
Capcom has not released how they are hosting the title. However, Street Fighter is one of their biggest series. As a result, we believe they will have servers located throughout the world. Those playing private PvP matches may even use a p2p connection. If this is the case, you will want to connect to a server location close to where the host lives. ExpressVPN has servers located around the world. We have made recommendations based on which region you want to play.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Los Angeles and Washington DC
- Europe – Frankfurt, London, Paris, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo
- South America – Sao Paul
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Street Fighter 6. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i7 8700, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, Radeon RX 5700XT, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Street Fighter 6 with ExpressVPN
We recommend ExpressVPN for helping you reduce gaming lag. ExpressVPN is a privacy focused company that can help you multiple ways when gaming. The first way it helps is through allowing you to change your IP address. You can choose from any of 160 servers across 94 countries. ExpressVPN will give you a new IP from the region and mask your current one. This gives you extra protection from DDoS attacks. Another benefit is that it will unblock games not available in your region. Connecting closer to the server you play on will give you a shorter route and often times a faster gaming experience.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.