Saints Row is a popular franchise that action adventure game. The newest entry has you return to the fictional city of Santo Ileso. There are three gangs that currently holding the power. Your character is a former boss that is working to bring the whole city back under there control. Take over districts, defeat enemies, and make use of some of the new weapons and vehicles. The newest title also has new online co-op mode. You can fight with your friends and take down become of the largest gang. Those playing the game may run into issues with lag. Many popular online titles have problems due to overcrowding on servers. However, most of the time your lag issues are caused by your own connection. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Google Stadia.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Saints Row
Here is the quickest way to improve Saints Row lag on PC or Google Stadia with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Saints Row and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Saints Row Lag?
The popularity of Saints Row is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Saints Row. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Saints Row
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Saints Row Server Locations
Volition has not announced how the game will be hosted. Many game developers use similar server hosts. We have created a list of servers that reflect good places to play around the world. Meanwhile, another thing players will want to know is that for many co-op titles the best place to connect to is near where the host is located. We chose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here are some fast VPN server locations to choose when playing Saints Row.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- South America – Sao Paulo
- Europe- Frankfurt, Paris, and London
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, and Sydney
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Saints Row. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come above these minimum system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i3-3240, Ryzen 3 1200, or better
- Video Card – GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon RX 480, or better
- Memory – 8192 MB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Saints Row with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.