Risk of Rain 2 is a third-person shooter and roguelike game. You fight through alien planets killing hordes of monsters. You will find loot throughout each match that will help you fight the ever increasingly powerful monsters and bosses that will come after you. there are over 110 items that bring more variety to the game. As you play through the Risk of Rain 2, you will unlock more characters with their own fighting styles. You do not have to face the horde of enemies alone. In Risk of Rain 2, You and your friends can work together. When playing online, you may encounter lag. While some of this is due to the sever, the rest is your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Risk of Rain 2
Here is the quickest way to improve Rick of Rain 2 lag on PC and Stadia with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Guilty Gear -Strive- and enjoy!
Want to fix Guilty Gear lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Risk of Rain 2 Lag?
The popularity of the Risk of Rain franchise is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Risk of Rain 2. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Risk of Rain 2
One thing that could benefit both console and PC players is switching to LAN cable. Connecting to WiFi typically results to slower speeds and may be causing your lag. PC players will want to look more closely at their system. You will want to go over your own computer and make sure that it meets the requirements. We will go over this in more detail later.
Risk of Rain 2 Server Locations
Hopoo Games has not released the sever locations for the game. However, we can give you some locations bade on where you want to play. We were able to choose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – South Korea, Singapore, Tokyo
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Risk of Rain 2. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to be at or above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7 (64-bits) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i5-4670K, AMD Ryzen 5 1500X, or better
- Memory – 4 GB RAM
- Video card – GTX 680, AMD HD 7970, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Risk of Rain 2 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our best choice for reducing lag. Lag is every gamers worst enemy. Nothing sucks more than terribly high ping and a laggy game. Luckily this does not have to happen. You can reduce your ping and improve your experience by using ExpressVPN. All you have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN is one of the best companies to pick because it has server locations across over 94 cities. Whether you want to play on foreign servers or game in the US, ExpressVPN has you covered. Elite gamers will also be happy to know that ExpressVPN will keep them protected from DDoS attacks by hiding their true IP. You will be able to game with less lag safely.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience