Riders Republic is a new sports game created by Ubisoft. The title has biking, skiing, snowboarding, and windsuit flying. Develop your skills in all of the sports and take on people from around the world. Compete with up to 50 people at a time or enter in team matches. There is even a career mode. Riders Republic releases on October 28th, 2021. Those wanting to join in on the action will want to experience the online game modes. However, laggy game play could be an issue. While some of the rubberbanding and connectivity issues is caused by the sever, the rest come from your won connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provides suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Stadia, and Luna.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Riders Republic
Here is the quickest way to improve Riders Republic lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Riders Republic and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on Xbox One or PS4? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips on How to Reduce Lag Spikes in Riders Republic
One of the biggest tips that we recommend for everyone who is having lag issue is using a LAN cable if you are not already. It gives you a better and more direct connection than WiFi. We understand that this is not possible for everyone, but it is something that could help. Another suggestion that we have is decreasing the graphical settings. The games graphics may be taking up to much power for the system to run properly. Going to a lower setting will help increase your FPS (frames per second). For those who play on PC, we will give more information later on recommended specs. Sometimes the problem is the games severs. Not all games have the best hosts. If this the case, there are two things you can try. First you check on the developers social media to see if the servers are under matience or down. Second, change the times you try to game up. The severs may run better during less busy hours of the day.
Riders Republic Server Locations
Ubisoft uses AWS to host many of their titles titles. We can give you some good ExpressVPN severs that are close to the ones used.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC or Seattle
- Europe – Frankfurt or Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, or Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Riders Republic. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor – Intel Core i7-4790, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, or better
- Video card – GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB), AMD RX 570 (8 GB), or better
- RAM: 8 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Riders Republic with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.