Resident Evil Re:Verse is a multiplayer title created by CAPCOM to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the series. Players who bought Resident Evil Village should have received it as a free bonus depending on when you purchased it. The game pits players into 4 to 6 person deathmatches where you get to play as some of the franchises most beloved characters. Use the bioweapons and other items to defeat enemies and earn more points. The player with the most points at the end of the game is declared the winner. The game is played full online and an experience that is bound to happen is encountering lag. One of the leading causes is your own connection to the server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Resident Evil Re:Verse
Here is the quickest way to improve Resident Evil Re:Verse lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Re:Verse and enjoy!
Want to fix Resident Evil Re:Verse lag on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Resident Evil Re:Verse Lag on PS4 and Xbox One?
The popularity of Resident Evil is both a blessing and a curse. You will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on PS4 or Xbox One then you can expect lag spikes when playing Re:Verse.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Re:Verse
The first thing I would check if you cannot connect to the game would be to look at the developers social media or the games main website. There is a chance they could have announced that they are doing server maintenance or that the servers are down. PC users will want to make sure there system is optimized for the game. Something that will help everyone would be using a LAN cable. We understand that this is not possible for everyone. However, those who can will receive faster and more reliable speeds than they would on WiFi.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Resident Evil Re:Verse Server Locations
Capcom has not revealed where the servers for the new Resident Evil game will be located. The franchised is beloved by fans around the world. Based other games they have made, we chose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto or Montreal
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Resident Evil Re:Verse. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits) or later (64-bit)
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Intel Core i7 8700, or better
- Video Card – AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Resident Evil Re:Verse with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.