Redout 2 is a fast paced racing game that takes on an arcade style. Race around the universe in Anti-Gravity hoverships. There a 12 different chassis that can be customized to create your own unique ride. The career mode has you play through different events in over 35 race tracks. There are multiple modes like Arena Races, Time Attacks, Last Man Standing, and Boss Races. Redout 2 also has an online game mode. You can race against others 12 others at one time. Racing games require you to have full control of your movements at all times. Lag is a major issue when playing against others online. It can cause you to miss tight turns and go slower. These issues are sometimes cause by your own connection to the game. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Redout 2
Here is the quickest way to improve Redout 2 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Redout 2 and enjoy!
Want to fix Redout 2 lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Redout 2
The first suggestion that I have is to check what applications you have running in the background. Some things can be taking up a lot of bandwidth and be contributing to the problem. For example, different games updating in the background will take away some power from what your a playing. Closing applications that are unnecessary and having games update a different times could help. Another suggestion that we have is reducing the graphic quality of the game. This will normally be made up for in improved performance.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. Our first suggestion is to start using a wired in connection via a LAN cable. It will normally give you faster and more reliable speeds that WiFi. This may not be possible for everyone, but understand that this may be part of the issue. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Redout 2 Server Locations
34BigThings srl have not announced who they are going to use to host the game. We can come up with connections based on other similar titles. ExpressVPN has severs around the world. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Redout 2. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- CPU – Intel Core i7-3770, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, or better
- Video Card – GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Redout 2 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.