PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale created by PUBG corporations. It sets you against 100 other players to be the last person or people. You must use vehicles to get around the map quickly and find cover. Then fight people with the guns and armor you find throughout the map. You can play alone or with friends, either way you will want to have a good strategy to help you win. The amount of players on one server can cause lag. Some of this is server lag but you can also experience lag due to your own connection to the game server. In this post we will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and mobile devices.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in PUBG
Here is the quickest way to improve PUBG lag on PC, Mac, or mobile with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch PlayerUnknown’s Battleground and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Lag?
The popularity of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will compete against 100 players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing PUBG. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More tips to Fix Lag Spikes in PUBG
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Server Locations
The PUBG Corporation has not come out with there server locations publicly. Luckily we found a website dedicated to watching the ping of each server. It has also given us some ideas on the gaming locations that are very close to ExpressVPN’s servers.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Chicago
- Europe – London and Ireland
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for PUBG. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10, 8, or 7 (64-bit)
- Processor – Intel Core i5-6600K, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play PlayerUknown’s Battlegrounds with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our pick for best VPN to reduce lag. It will allow you to improve your gaming experience on a variety of devices. You will be able to install an easy to use app for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch users can enhance their game play by using the ExpressVPN app on compatible routers or taking advantage of MediaStreamer. The MediaStreamer service is available for all ExpressVPN users and it works on many devices. It allows you to increase your speed even further. However, it does not give you the extra privacy protection a VPN will offer you. ExpressVPN will allow you to make your game faster on many devices.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience