PGA Tour 2K23 is a new entry in their golf series. The athlete featured on the cover of the game is legendary golfer, Tiger Woods. In the title, you can play on licensed courses with official pros. There is also a new game mode that allows you to establish yourself in the PGA Tour. Build your own character and play to win the championship. You can also design and share courses.
Play against others in matches both casually and competitively online. There are even options to set up your own rules and requirements in your Clubhouse. Those wanting to play PGA Tour 2K23 may run into lag. This is a frustration that can ruin your enjoyment. Some of this is caused by your own connection to the server. We will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN, including suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in PGA Tour 2K23
Here is the quickest way to improve PGA Tour 2K23 lag on PC.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch PGA Tour 2K23 and enjoy!
Want to fix PGA Tour 2K23 lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does PGA Tour 2K23 Lag?
The popularity of PGA Tour 2K23 is both a blessing and a curse. You will work with other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on console then you can expect lag spikes when playing PGA Tour 2K23.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics cards. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in PGA Tour 2K23
When trying to play online games one of the most important parts is making sure your connection is strong and fast. There are a few simple changes you may be able to make to help in these ways. The first is using a LAN cable if possible. The speeds of a wired connection are more stable and typically faster. However, we understand this is not possible for everyone. The second method of improving your experience is managing your bandwidth. Ensure the console or computer is not running other programs or downloading updates in the background. These pull power away and can slow down your game.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
PGA Tour 2K23 Server Locations
The server locations for the game have not been released. However, based on other titles the company produces, we do know that the company has servers in the United States and Europe. We have selected some great servers for you to use in these regions.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC, Los Angeles, Seattle
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for PGA Tour 2K23. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64 bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i5-4670 @ 3.40GHz better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play PGA Tour 2K23 with ExpressVPN
We recommend ExpressVPN for helping you reduce gaming lag. ExpressVPN is a privacy focused company that can help you multiple ways when gaming. The first way it helps is through allowing you to change your IP address. You can choose from any of 160 servers across 94 countries. ExpressVPN will give you a new IP from the region and mask your current one. This gives you extra protection from DDoS attacks. Another benefit is that it will unblock games not available in your region. Connecting closer to the server you play on will give you a shorter route and often times a faster gaming experience.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.