Neverwinter is a free to play MMORPG created by Cryptic Studios. Everything from level 1 to the level cap is free to play through. In the game, you adventure through one of Dungeon and Dragons more popular settings Neverwinter. Battle popular villains and experience a compelling story in the Forgotten Realms. You do not have to take on the challenge alone. You and your friends can play together to take down some of the Forgotten Realms toughest enemies. There is also PvP battles to participate in. Lag can be a serious problem for online games. Some of it is caused by the server, but the rest is from your own connection. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, and Xbox One
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Neverwinter
Here is the quickest way to improve Neverwinter lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Neverwinter and enjoy!
Want to fix Neverwinter lag on PS4 and Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Neverwinter
I would first recommend connecting your system via LAN cable if you are able to. It will provide a more stable and faster connection. I understand this is not possible for everyone, but understand that this may be affecting your speeds. Another thing that PC players should consider is checking their system. When the game releases updates, it is possible that you may not meet the needed specs. I will go over this in more detail later. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Neverwinter Server Locations
Cryptic studios has not released the locations of the game’s servers. They have released the regions that each server hosts. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Neverwinter. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Core i5-2xxx Quad Core or better
- Memory – 4 GB RAM
- Video card – NVidia GeForce GTX 4xx, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5xxx, or Intel HD Graphics 4xxx, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Neverwinter with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.