My Time at Sandrock is a simulator and action game. The game has you take the role of the newest builder in Sandrock. Its your job to gather resources, build machines, interact with others, fight monsters, and more as you try to save the town. The open world is vast and there is a wide variety of things to do. There are more than 30 people in the the city state of Sandrock that have hundreds of quests. You will be able to get to know them better and make connections with them throughout your journey. Your mission does not have to be overtaken alone. My Journey at Sandrock allows for online co-op. Those who are playing online may run into issues with lag. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in My Time at Sandrock
Here is the quickest way to improve My Time at Sandrock lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Outriders and enjoy!
Is Outriders lagging on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does My Time at Sandrock Lag ?
The popularity of My Time at Sandrock is both a blessing and a curse. You will work with other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on console then you can expect lag spikes when playing My Time at Sandrock.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in My Time at Sandrock
The first recommendation that we have for everyone is trying to improve your internet connection. One way of doing this is using a LAN cable. It will normally provide a faster and more stable connection than WiFi. We understand that this is not possible for everyone, just understand that this may be leading to slower speeds. For those playing on PC, we would recommend looking at your specs. We will explain this in further detail later, but you want to be above or close to the recommend requirements for the game. Lastly, sometimes the severs are the problem. Looking at the developers Social Media account may help give you an idea of what is happening.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
My Time at Sandrock Server Locations
Pathea Games has not released how they are hosting online co-op. If they uses a host, then we have a good recommendation based on some of the popular services used by video game companies. However, it is more likely that the game will use a peer to peer connection. If this is the case, you will want to connect to a VPN server close to where the host lives.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Paris
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for My Time at Sandrock. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bit) or later
- Processor – Intel Core i5-2500K, AMD Ryzen 5 1400, or better
- Video Card – Nvidia GeForce GTX970, AMD Radeon RX 57, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play My Time at Sandrock with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is the best service for reducing ping times. A VPN will help you connect to different regions of the world and fix lag. It will also help you by masking your IP address. Professional gamers and streamers will benefit as you will be less vulnerable to DDoS attacks. ExpressVPN provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection. A VPN will also give you a new IP from a region of your choosing. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations in 94 separate countries. With your new IP address, you can unblock games and play with friends internationally. ExpressVPN will help you reduce ping and protect your privacy.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.