MotoGP 22 is the a motorsports game being produced by Milestone S.r.l. It is revving up to be the biggest in the franchise with over 40 bikes and more than 120 well known riders. The vehicle performances can be changed through the new changeable parts. Along with this they have added 5 graphic editors to change your character and bike. MotoGP 22 has set up severs to dedicate to the game. On these severs you will race against others. With MotoGP being on new online severs, you are bound to experience lag. Some of this lag will be caused by the game servers, but other times this will be due to your Internet connection and route to the server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN, with suggestions for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in MotoGP 22
Here is the quickest way to improve MotoGP 22 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch MotoGP 22 and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS5, PS4 or Xbox console? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS5, PS4, Xbox Series S/X, and Xbox One. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does MotoGP 22 Lag?
The online game play of MotoGP 22 is fast and competitive. As we mentioned, you will be competing against others with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing MotoGP 22. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in MotoGP 22
Use a LAN cable to optimize your connection. It is typically faster connection than Wifi. If that isn’t possible you may want to set a separate WiFi network for gaming or prioritize your traffic. You can check to see if the servers are down or maintenance is being done through the Milestone Twitter.
Let’s continue to look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers.
Game Server Locations
The latest MotoGP is utilizing Amazon GameLift to host the game. This is great as the servers are located very close to ExpressVPN’s servers.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Montreal
- Europe – London, Frankfurt
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Chennai, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for MotoGP 22. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or later
- Processor – Intel Core i3-4160, AMD FX-4350, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – GeForce GT 640 with 2048 VRAM, Radeon R7 250 with 2048 VRAM, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play MotoGP 22 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.