Monster Hunter Rise is coming out with a new expansion on June 30th, 2022. The DLC is called Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. In it, you travel a large distance to take down the elder dragon Malzeno. There will be new locations, monsters, and combat techniques. In the base game, you are tasked with defending Kamura Village from the Rampage. The fun Monster Hunter gameplay loop has been mostly unchanged. You will fight monsters and use their parts to make new weapons and armor.
Once you have upgraded your gear you will fight more powerful creatures. Some of the new elements include your Palamute Canyne and Wyvern Riding. Hunters do not have to go out alone. You can pair up with others through the online co-op. This will give buff the monster you are hunting. Lag is a major issue when playing MHR with friends because rubberbanding and delayed movement can lead to your death. Some of these problems are caused by the server, but your own connection is typically the main source. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC and Ninteno Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Monster Hunter Rise
Here is the quickest way to improve Monster Hunter Rise lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Monster Hunter Rise and enjoy!
Want to fix Monster Hunter Rise lag on Nintendo Switch? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Monster Hunter Rise Lag on PC and Switch?
The popularity of Monster Hunter is both a blessing and a curse. You will partying up other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on PC and Nintendo Switch then you can expect lag spikes when playing Monster Hunter Rise.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Monster Hunter Rise
The first recommendation that we have is to check your system. Make sure you that the device is up to date and not downloading anything in the background. This way your bandwidth is not being used for other purposes. Another suggestion that we have is connecting via LAN cable when possible. It will typically give you a stronger and stabler connection that WiFi. We understand this is not an option for everyone, but it would help. Those playing on Nintendo Switch can get a port so that the console accepts LAN cable in docked mode.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Monster Hunter Rise Server Locations
Capcom has announced where they are hosting Monster Hunter Rise servers. However, the previous installment in the series had servers throughout the world. Based other games the company made, we chose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto or Montreal
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Monster Hunter Rise. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits) or later (64-bit)
- CPU – Intel Core i5-4460, AMD FX-8300, or better
- Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB), AMD Radeon RX 570 (VRAM 4GB), or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Monster Hunter Rise with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a great service for fixing lag. It helps by allowing you to change your IP address to one in a different region of the world. Your original IP will also be masked. This means that games that have IP banned your account can many times be played with a VPN. ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries around the world. You will also be able to take advantage of the special deals that are available in other regions of the world. Many company’s charge less for video games and DLCs in different countries. Brazil is one of the best places to connect to take advantage of this. ExpressVPN can help you change your IP and reduce lag.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience