Monster Hunter World is Capcom’s newer online title. The game has you fighting monsters to get materials. Then you can forge armor and weapons that will help you progress to the next beast. Each monster is unique and has there own characteristic. The maps are big and has there own monsters. The hunts are fun to do alone and with friends. This being said, Monster Hunter World has issues with lag spikes and matchmaking errors. While some of this comes from the server end, some of it is coming from your connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Monster Hunter World
Here is the quickest way to improve Monster Hunter World lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Monster Hunter World and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Monster Hunter World Lag?
The popularity of Monster Hunter World is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing MHW. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Monster Hunter World
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Monster Hunter World Server Locations
Monster Hunter World’s server locations have not been released. We did find that local hunts use peer to peer connection. This means you will want to connect to a location near where the host lives. We chose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here are some fast VPN server locations to choose when playing Monster Hunter World.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angles
- Europe- Frankfurt and London
- Asia Pacific – Tokyo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Monster Hunter World. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7, 8, or 10 64-bit
- Processor – Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz, Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz, AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X, or better
- Video card – NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060, AMD Radeon™ RX 570, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Monster Hunter World with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.