Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawler set in the Minecraft world. The game is listed under action-adventure and it has you fight through a randomly generated dungeons. Every game has you set out on a quest to defeat the Arch-Illagers who is hurting the villagers. You can customize your character to fit your style. Use heavy armor, ranged attacks, or melee. You and up to four others can go to battle together. Your party will want to be careful as you solve puzzles, find treasure, and disarm traps. When playing Minecraft Dungeons you will likely experience lag every once and awhile. it can be quite annoying to start rubber-banding during intense moments. Some of the lag is on the servers end, but most is coming from your own connection to the game. In this post we will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Minecraft Dungeons
Here is the quickest way to improve Minecraft Dungeons lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Minecraft Dungeons and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Minecraft Dungeons Lag?
The popularity of The Minecraft Dungeons is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will work with other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing The Minecraft Dungeons. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Minecraft Dungeons
If you can, you will want to use a LAN cable. It will give you a stronger and more stable connection. You may want to set a separate WiFi network for gaming or prioritize your traffic, if you cannot. Want to see more Minecraft Dungeons information? You can check up with Minecraft Dungeon Twitter.
Let’s continue by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers
Minecraft Dungeons Server Locations
Xbox Game Studios has not released how the game will be hosted. We believe it might use peer to peer servers. If so, then you will want to connect to a location close to where the host of the game is. If the game doesn’t use peer to peer servers then you will want to connect to a location close to where the centralized game server is located. ExpressVPN has servers located globally, so simply connect where you need to.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto or Montreal
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Seoul. Tokyo, Sydney, Chennai
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Minecraft Dungeons. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10
- Processor – Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz, AMD A10-7800 APU 3.5 GHz, or better
- Memory – 4 GB RAM
- Video card – GeForce 700 Series, AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series with OpenGL 4.5, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Minecraft Dungeons with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.