Lost Ark is a popular MMORPG created by Smilegate, a South Korean developer. The game takes place in a fantasy world ravaged by the demon army headed by Kazeros. You and the rest of the player base must search the world to gather all the pieces of the Lost Ark, the only thing that can defeat them. In the game you will captain a ship and explore the world. You will find treasure and danger along your adventure. Lost Ark has many people on each server and lag can be an issue. The server is only part of the problem, a majority of it is due to your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Lost Ark
Here is the quickest way to improve Lost Ark lag on PC.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Lost Ark and enjoy!
You can also use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service for a faster experience.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your system.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your system to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Lost Ark Lag?
The popularity of Lost Ark is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Lost Ark. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Lost Ark
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Lost Ark Server Locations
Lost Ark only has servers in the East. There is no servers in the Americas or Europe. Based off this we can recommend better game locations.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- Asia Pacific – South Korea, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, and India
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Lost Ark. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7, 8, 10 (64-bits) or newer
- Processor – Intel i5 6500, Ryzen 5 1500x, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GTX 660, Radeon R9 270, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Lost Ark with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.