Knockout City is a fast paced dodgeball game created by Velan Studios. You and your crew of 3 to 4 will need to be in catch, dodge pass, and throw your way to victory. The game has cross play between the major systems which means you will be able to play with your friends no matter what they own. Since the game is played full online, there is a chance that you will encounter lag. This is terrible as some of the decisions and movements you make could be ruined due to it. Some of the lag you experience is due to the server. However, most of it comes from your own connection to the game. We will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN, including suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Knockout City
Here is the quickest way to improve Knockout City lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Knockout City and enjoy!
Want to fix Knockout City lag on PS4 and PS5, or is Knockout City lagging on Xbox One and Xbox Series X? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Knockout City Lag on PS5 and Xbox Series X?
The popularity of Knockout City is both a blessing and a curse. You will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on PS5 or Xbox Series X then you can expect lag spikes when playing Knockout City.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Knockout City
One of the best ways to reduce lag is by creating a better internet connection. Connecting your console or PC through LAN cable instead of WiFi will give you a more reliable and typically stronger connection. We understand this is not possible for everyone, but this may help those who can. Meanwhile, PC users can also reduce lag by making sure they have the proper equipment. I will go over this more in a later section.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Knockout City Server Locations
The Publisher for Knockout City is Electronic Arts. EA typically uses AWS to host there games servers. This is great as ExpressVPN has servers close to where Amazon Web Services servers are. Based on this, we can make recommendations on where to connect.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Knockout City. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- CPU – Intel Core i5-6600 Quad Core 3.3 GHz or better.
- Video Card – GeForce GTX 970 4GB or better
- Memory – 16 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Knockout City with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.