The Isle is an open world survival game. Your mission is to hunt, grow, and survive on an island full of dinosaurs. You can play as humans in the game and try to conquer the dinosaurs that dominate the island. Another option that is available is playing as one of many dinosaurs. There are even servers dedicated to this mode named predator v.s. prey. One server can hold more ten one hundred players at a time. The Isle has a problem with lag. While some of this comes from the server, the rest of it is from your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in The Isle
Here is the quickest way to improve The Isle lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch The Isle and enjoy!
You can also use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service for a faster experience.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your system.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your system to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does The Isle Lag?
The popularity of The Isle is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing The Isle. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in The Isle
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
The Isle Server Locations
The Isle’s official server locations have not been released. We do know that you can host a server. Some of the bigger providers for hosting your server, have them located in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, and Singapore. We chose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here are some fast VPN server locations to choose when playing The Isle.
- United States- Washington DC, Houston, and Los Angles
- Europe- Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and London
- South America- Brazil
- Asia Pacific- Sydney and Singapore
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for The Isle. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 64-bit or better (64 Bit ONLY)
- Processor – Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 3.4 GHz or better
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play The Isle with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for gaming. There are a number of reasons including the ability to quickly change you’re IP address to be located in any of 160 cities across 94 countries. This is especially useful for purchasing games in other regions and unblocking restrictions. If you plan to play games at school or work then we highly recommend connecting to ExpressVPN to unblock any firewall restrictions. You can download the ExpressVPN app for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Members can install the app on as many devices as you want. You can connect on up to 3 devices at a time. You will also have access to ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service which will let you switch DNS on a wide range of devices including game consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Switch), streaming media boxes, and smart TVs, and more.We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. This will grant you unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games, reduce lag, protect against DDoS attacks, and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.