Halo Infinite is the newest game in the franchise. Master Chief must go out to explore the Halo right itself and defeat the enemy threating humanity. The game brings with it arena and big team battle multiplayer modes. Halo Infinite will have a free-to-play online mode and a new customization system that lets you create your own Spartan. The game features cross-platform play and has 4k resolution. Those wanting to play the online may encounter lag. Lag can cause your shots to miss and cost you the match. While some of this is caused by the server, the majority is coming from your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Halo Infinite
Here is the quickest way to improve Halo Infinite lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Halo Infinite and enjoy!
Want to fix Halo Infinite lag on Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Halo Infinite Lag on PC and Xbox One?
The popularity of the Halo franchise is both a blessing and a curse. You will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on PC or Xbox One then you can expect lag spikes when playing Halo Infinite.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Halo Infinite
The first recommendation we can make may help increase your internet speed. The main way of doing this is connecting to your internet via LAN cable. It is typically faster and more stable than WiFi. We understand that this is not a possibility for everyone, but it could help you. Another suggestion we have for everyone is looking at the social media account for the game. Many developers will post when severs are having troubles or are undergoing maintenance. This will help you determine if you have a problem. You will also want to make sure your system is up to date and running well. For PC players this means your computer meets the specs needed. We will go over this more in a later section.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Halo Infinte Server Locations
Xbox Game Studios have not released the server locations that they use to host Halo Infinite. However, there is a good chance that they use Microsoft Azure as it is owned by the same parent company. Based on this, we chose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Paris
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Mumbai, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Halo Infinite. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to be above these minimum system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits) or later (64-bit)
- CPU – AMD Phenom II X4 960T, Intel i3550, or better
- Video Card – AMD HD 6850, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Halo Infinite with ExpressVPN
We recommend ExpressVPN for helping you reduce gaming lag. ExpressVPN is a privacy focused company that can help you multiple ways when gaming. The first way it helps is through allowing you to change your IP address. You can choose from any of 160 servers across 94 countries. ExpressVPN will give you a new IP from the region and mask your current one. This gives you extra protection from DDoS attacks. Another benefit is that it will unblock games not available in your region. Connecting closer to the server you play on will give you a shorter route and often times a faster gaming experience.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.