Guilty Gear -Strive- a 2D fighting game. It uses 2D/3D cell-shaded graphics to create amazing looking battles. This is one of the best looking games in the Guilty Gear franchise. The gameplay keeps many of the aspects from previous titles, but adds new mechanics for some more depth. The game started with 15 characters and will add more through the Season Pass. Guilty Gear -Strive- can be played online against others. These fights are always fun, but the experience can be ruined by lag. It will often ruin many of the precise combos that need to be put in. While some of this is caused by the server, a lot is due to your own connect. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, and PS5.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Guilty Gear -Strive-
Here is the quickest way to improve Guilty Gear -Strive- lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Guilty Gear -Strive- and enjoy!
Want to fix Guilty Gear lag spikes on PS4 or PS5? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Guilty Gear -Stive- Lag?
The popularity of the Guilty Gear franchise is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Guilty Gear -Strive-. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Guilty Gear -Strive-
One suggestion that I have for PC players is check your system to see if everything is running properly. You may also want to review if your system meets the required specs for the game. We will go over this in greater detail later. One thing that could benefit both console and PC players is switching to LAN cable. Connecting to WiFi typically results to slower speeds and may be causing your lag. I understand that this is not always possible, but just understand that this may be the cause.
Guilty Gear – Strive- Server Locations
We unable to find that Arc System Works uses to host the game. However, we do know some likely locations based off other similar franchises. We were able to choose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – South Korea, Singapore, Tokyo
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Guilty Gear -Strive-. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to be at or above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 8/10 (64-bits) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – GeForce GTX 660 or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Guilty Gear -Strive- with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for reducing lag. It will help by allowing you to connect to any of the 160 different server locations across 94 countries. You will be able to reduce lag for practically any game you play online. All you have to do is connect to a location close to where your game is hosted. ExpressVPN allows you to reduce ping and make your overall experience better by allowing you full use of as much bandwidth as you need. You can easily change your location to play with others form around the world. You will also be able to have up to five connections active at a time. This will allow you to play a game in one location, while talking to friends under a different location on another device. ExpressVPN will help you reduce lag and unblock geo-restrictions.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.