GRID Legends is racing game produced by Codemasters and published by EA. Drive fast across more than 130 tracks. The game has off road, custom stages, street circuits, and more to compete in. Online, you can play with up to 21 others in cross-platform play. You can even design your own races to bring more challenge to the game. GRID Legends even features a career mode. Lag can ruin your experience when playing online PvP and multiplayer races. Nothing is worse than losing time due to rubberbanding and high ping. One of the main causes of this is your own connection to the game. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Oculus Quest.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in GRID Legends
Here is the quickest way to improve GRID Legends lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch GRID Legends and enjoy!
Want to fix GRID Legends lag on PS5 or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in GRID Legends
Whether you are playing the console, PC, or VR version of Grid Legends, you will wan to to focus on improving your internet speeds. One of the best ways to do this is making sure that your device is devoting as much energy as possible towards the game. For console users, this means canceling background updates. Meanwhile, those playing on Meta Quest will want to insure that they are not running other applications in the background. PC users will want to check their task manager to see what applications are running on the computer. Many applications open when the computer is turned on and they may not be necessary for playing the game. Closing these unnecessary tasks will help improve your performance. Another suggestion that we have for improving your experience is using a LAN cable when possible. It will provide faster and more reliable speeds.
GRID Legends Server Locations
The game is published by EA and they host most of their games on Amazon Web Services. This is good as ExpressVPN has severs close to them. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Grid Legends. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- CPU – Intel i5 8600k, AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, or better
- Video Card – Nvidia GTX 1080, AMD RX590, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play GRID Legends with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a great service for fixing lag. It helps by allowing you to change your IP address to one in a different region of the world. Your original IP will also be masked. This means that games that have IP banned your account can many times be played with a VPN. ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries around the world. You will also be able to take advantage of the special deals that are available in other regions of the world. Many company’s charge less for video games and DLCs in different countries. Brazil is one of the best places to connect to take advantage of this. ExpressVPN can help you change your IP and reduce lag.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.