Genshin Impact is a is a free-to-play action role-playing game that takes place in a fantasy setting. The world is known as Teyvat and it is home to seven different nations. The game consists of open world exploration and combat. For combat, you control one of the characters in the party of up to four character. you can change between them to combine skills and create your own unique battle combination. As you geo around the world, you slowly gain experience and in game money to upgrade your characters. Genshin Impact has a game mode that allow you to pair up with up to 3 others and form your own parties. Lag can be an announce that can affect the amount of fun you have on the game. Some of this is caused by the server but the rest is caused by your own connection. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Genshin Impact
Here is the quickest way to improve Genshin Impact lag on PC, iOS, and Android with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Genshin Impact and enjoy!
Want to fix Genshin Impact lag on PS4 and PS5? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Genshin Impact
I would recommend connecting your system via LAN cable if you are using console or PC. This will give you a faster and more reliable connection than your wireless network. If you are still having problems with playing online, then check on the status of the servers. Genshin Impact’s servers could be difficulties or it could be under maintenance. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Genshin Impact Server Locations
miHoYo has not released the official location of their servers. However, they have released the regions in which Genshin Impact’s servers are located. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Genshin Impact. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these minimum system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i7 equivalent or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Genshin Impact with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience