Forza Horizon 5 a racing game created by Playground Games. It is a Microsoft exclusive. This edition of the game takes place in Mexico. The game is much larger than Forza Horizon 4. The game has hundreds of cars to choose from. The player is given the ability to customize their racers and cars. While driving through the open world, you may even pass other players if you are online. Forza Horizon 5’s online mode Open, Arcade, and Tours. You can also compete in ranked online races. This will test your skills driving on and off road through several different weather conditions. One common problem is your game becomes laggy and it ends up cost you the race. Lag is sometimes caused by the server, but most of it comes from your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Forza Horizon 5
Here is the quickest way to improve Forza Horizon 5 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Forza Horizon 5 and enjoy!
Is Forza Horizon 5 lagging on Xbox One and Xbox Series X? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Forza Horizon 5 Lag on Xbox One and Xbox Series X?
The popularity of Forza Horizon 5 is both a blessing and a curse. You will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on Xbox One or Xbox Series X then you can expect lag spikes when playing Forza Horizon 5.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Forza Horizon 5
If you are having trouble connecting to servers, I would first recommend that you check to see if the servers are having maintenance or if others are reporting similar problems. Once you have check on that, I would try to see if it is your own connection. One of the best ways to improve your performance is by plugging your system through a LAN cable. It will give you faster and more reliable speeds. However, we understand that this is not a possibility for everyone.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Forza Horizon 5 Server Locations
The games server location have not been released. However, since it is published by Microsoft Studios, it is probable that the game uses Azure to host its servers. Based on this, we can recommend you some ideal places to choose when playing Forza Horizon 5 online.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Paris
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Mumbai, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Forza Horizon 4. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 1500X, Intel Core i5-8400, or better.
- Video Card – AMD Radeon RX 590, Nvidia GTX 1070, or better
- Memory – 16 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Forza Horizon 5 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.