Dragon Ball FighterZ is a competitive fighting game. This beautiful looking game puts some of the most popular characters in the Dragon Ball franchise in fights against one another. It has characters from Dragon Ball Z, GT, movies, and Super. In the game, you fight in one on one battles using three characters. This has been one of the best Dragon Ball games. The developers have supported it coming out with many great DLC characters like Ultra Instinct Goku, Master Roshi, and Kefla. It even added Broly and Gogeta from the movie Dragon Ball Super: Broly. Arc System Work did a great job developing the game as all the characters look just like they do in the show. Dragon Ball FighterZ offers a competitive online experience. Lag is a major issue in this game. Each combo must be perfectly timed to get the intended effect. While some of the lag comes from the server end, some of it is coming from your connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in FighterZ
Here is the quickest way to improve Dragon Ball FighterZ lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Dragon Ball FighterZ and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Dragon Ball FighterZ Lag?
The tight gameplay of Dragon Ball FighterZ is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing FighterZ. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in FighterZ
Start by examining your setup. If you haven’t done so already connect your system to your network with a LAN cable for the best performance. Unable to do this? I understand as most users connect to home networks via WiFi. Just realize this will reduce your speed to some degree. You can check the Bandai Namco Twitter account to learn about upcoming server maintenance dates. There is also a Downdetector page that you can reference to see if other users are having issues.
Let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Dragon Ball FighterZ Server Locations
We were unable to ascertain the exact server locations of the Dragon Ball FighterZ servers. However, we can recommend specific VPN servers locations based on the region you wish to play in. So far we understand the game servers are region locked. This means that without a VPN you will be restricted to playing in your region.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto or Montreal
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Seoul. Tokyo, Sydney, Chennai
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for FighterZ. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10, 8, or 7 (64-bit)
- Processor – AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 GHz or Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – Radeon HD 7870 2 GB or GeForce GTX 660 2 GB or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Dragon Ball FighterZ with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience