Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is an online Battle Royale game. Every match consists of 60 players competing in multiple rounds of competitions. As the rounds progress, more people will be knocked out of the running. These competitions include obstacle courses, team games, and more. The last player left earns a crown and is deemed the Fall Guy. The overall design of the game is very colorful and Fall Guys gives plenty of customization options. It is a fun and competitive title that is played fully online. Many players experience problems with lag in Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. These Lag spikes can cause you to fall off the course and loose the round. Some of this problem is caused by your own connection to the game’s server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC and PS4.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Here is the quickest way to improve Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Fall Guys and enjoy!
Want to fix Fall Guys lag spikes on PS4? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Fall Guys Lag?
The popularity of the Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout franchise is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Fall Guys. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Fall Guys
Both console and PC users can benefit from using a LAN cable. It is more reliable than connecting through your home network via WiFi. A LAN cable can also give you better speeds. We understand hat this is not possible for all users, but just realize that using WiFi will reduce your speed to a degree. Sometimes it is the fault of the server that you are playing on. I would recommend checking on the Fall Guy’s Twitter. They use it to keep fans updated on what is happening in the game.
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Server Locations
Fall Guy’s servers have not been announced. However, we are able to make an educated guess at where you should connect to play. Many gaming companies host their games at similar network locations. Based off this we were able to choose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angles
- Canada – Toronto
- Europe- Frankfurt and London
- Asia Pacific – Tokyo, Singapore, or Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to be above these minimum system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits) or newer’
- Processor – Intel i5 or better
- Video card – NVIDIA GTX 660, AMD Radeon HD 7950, or better
- RAM – 2 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our best choice for reducing lag. Lag is every gamers worst enemy. Nothing sucks more than terribly high ping and a laggy game. Luckily this does not have to happen. You can reduce your ping and improve your experience by using ExpressVPN. All you have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN is one of the best companies to pick because it has server locations across over 94 cities. Whether you want to play on foreign servers or game in the US, ExpressVPN has you covered. Elite gamers will also be happy to know that ExpressVPN will keep them protected from DDoS attacks by hiding their true IP. You will be able to game with less lag safely.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.