Elden Ring is a new game created by FromSoftware. This popular company is known for making iconic titles like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Their newest title is an open world action role-playing game. It takes many of the aspects of their most popular titles and combines it with the story writing of George R. R. Martin. The game takes place after the Elden Rings destruction and it is the goal of the player to explore the world, fight monsters, and restore the ring.
Many gamers may experience lag when playing online. Nothing is worse than losing to a boss or in PVP because your frame rates drop or you’re experiencing rubberbanding. Some of the lag you may be experiencing will come from their end, but the rest of it will come from your connection to the gaming server. In this post we will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Eden Ring
Here is the quickest way to improve Eden Ring lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Neverwinter and enjoy!
Want to fix Eden Ring lag on PS4, PS5 and Xbox One, or Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Eden Ring
The first recommendation we have for everyone is checking your system. Make sure everything is running properly and that you do not have other things running in the background. Some applications may be taking up your bandwidth and resulting in lower performance. Improving connectivity is key when trying to reduce lag. One suggestion that we have is switching to a LAN cable connection when possible. It is typically faster and more consistent than WiFi.
Increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Eden Ring Server Locations
FromSoftware has not released the server locations of any of their titles. Europe, Japan, and North America are some of the different regions that you can play the game in. Based on this we were able to choose some key ExpressVPN servers you can try.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Canada – Toronto
- Europe – London and Frankfurt
- Asia Pacific – Tokyo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Elden Ring. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10/11 (64-bits) or newer
- Processor – INTEL CORE I7-8700K, AMD RYZEN 5 3600X, or better
- Video card – NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 8 GB, AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 8 GB, or better
- RAM – 16 GB or more
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Eden Ring with ExpressVPN
We recommend ExpressVPN for helping you reduce gaming lag. ExpressVPN is a privacy focused company that can help you multiple ways when gaming. The first way it helps is through allowing you to change your IP address. You can choose from any of 160 servers across 94 countries. ExpressVPN will give you a new IP from the region and mask your current one. This gives you extra protection from DDoS attacks. Another benefit is that it will unblock games not available in your region. Connecting closer to the server you play on will give you a shorter route and often times a faster gaming experience.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.