EA Sports PGA Tour is the newest title in the series. It has been nearly seven years since Electronic Arts created its last golf game. The company is coming back with 30 exclusive courses and vastly improved graphics. This includes the 4 Majors: Masters Tournament, PGA Championship, US Open Championship, and The Open Championship. The company has also utilized ShotLink to create a more realistic golf experience. You can even create new shot types and customize your golfer to adapt to each course. The game even feature online co-op and PvP modes. Your experience online could be ruined by rubberbanding and ping spikes. When playing online, your connection to the server is normally the issue. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in EA Sports PGA Tour
Here is the quickest way to improve EA Sports PGA Tour lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch EA Sports PGA Tour and enjoy!
Want to fix EA Sports PGA Tour lag on PS5 or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in EA Sports PGA Tour
For those playing on PC, one of the best ways to fix lag is making sure your system is up to date. In a later section, we will discuss the system requirements. Those who are below the requirements may have more problems. Everyone can see benefits from utilizing a LAN cable. It will give you faster and more reliable speeds than WiFi. We understand this is not an option for everyone, but it could improve your lag issues greatly. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
EA Sports PGA Tour Server Locations
Electronic Arts uses AWS for many of its titles. We believe they will use the same company to host this game. This is good as ExpressVPN has severs close to them. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for EA Sports PGA Tour. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Intel Core i7 6700, or better
- Video Card – AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, or better
- Memory – 12 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play EA Sports PGA Tour with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a great service for fixing lag. It helps by allowing you to change your IP address to one in a different region of the world. Your original IP will also be masked. This means that games that have IP banned your account can many times be played with a VPN. ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries around the world. You will also be able to take advantage of the special deals that are available in other regions of the world. Many company’s charge less for video games and DLCs in different countries. Brazil is one of the best places to connect to take advantage of this. ExpressVPN can help you change your IP and reduce lag.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.