DNF Duel is a new 2.5D fighting game. Sixteen popular characters from the Dungeon and Fighter franchise join the battle. Each has their own skills and playstyle to master. The stages are detailed and the story takes you around the universe. The combat system for the game is unique and requires more strategical thinking. There is a MP Gauge, Damage Gauge, and Awakening. DNF Duel has a story, training, survival, and arcade mode for those playing alone. You can also put your skills to the test online through Player or Ranked Match. The online PvP of this title is extremely competitive. Lag can be a major issue when playing fighting games. Fast inputs are ruined by problems like rubber-banding. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, and PS5.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in DNF Duel
Here is the quickest way to improve DNF Duel lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch DNF Duel and enjoy!
Want to fix DNF Duel lag on PS4 or PS5? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in DNF Duel
One suggestion that we have is trying to use a LAN cable. It will usually give you a stronger connection than WiFi. This is not possible for everyone and we understand that. However, it could help you greatly when trying to improve speed. Another suggestion that we have is to make sure your system is up to date. For PC users we will go over this in more detail later. Along with this, try to prevent updating other games in the background as this may take away bandwidth from the title you are playing. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
DNF Duel Server Locations
Arc System Works has not announced how they are going to host the game. If they are using peer to peer servers, you will want to connect to a location close to where the host lives. Meanwhile, if they are hosting the matches, then you will want to connect close to where the server is located. We have good suggestion on where to connect to based on other similar titles. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for DNF Duel. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 8/10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – GeForce GTX 660 or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play DNF Duel with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our top pick for helping your fix lag. The service helps your decrease ping across many devices. ExpressVPN can help you whether you are on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, or GeForce Now. The service can be used at home or while traveling, stop laggy experiences, and protect your privacy. You can have ExpressVPN active on up to five devices at a time. The service can also be run through your router. There is even an app to assist you in setting it up. ExpressVPN will help you fix lag on any device.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.