Divine Knockout (DKO) is a platform 3D fighter published by Hi-Rez Studios. Play as one of the gods and utilize their unique abilities. Each of the arenas evolve as the battle unfolds. The game also features cross-play and cross-progression. This means you can play against others on different platforms. You can also switch to and from devices without loosing progress. DKO features duels, 3v3, and 2v2s. The main game modes being Knockout and King of the Hill. Those wanting to play online may have a hard time due to the lag. For fighting games, timing your inputs is important and issues with lag spikes can cause issues. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, and PS4.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Divine Knockout
Here is the quickest way to improve Divine Knockout lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Divine Knockout and enjoy!
Is DKO lagging on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does DKO Lag ?
The popularity of DKO is both a blessing and a curse. You will work with other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on console then you can expect lag spikes when playing Divine Knockout.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in DKO
The first suggestion that we would make is ensuring that your console or PC is up to date. If you are behind on updates, this could be causing some of your lag related issues. The machine could be trying to download the update in the background. Along with this other applications that you are running could be taking away bandwidth. Try to minimize the amount of apps you have running while playing. Before playing online games, you should make sure that your system is up to date and it is not running any unnecessary programs in the background.
Let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Divine Knockout Server Locations
There has been no official release on the server locations DKO uses. However, based on other games the company has published, we believe that there is a server around Georgia in the US. There is also a European server located near the Netherlands. We have selected some good servers to use throughout the world.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Atlanta, Washington DC, and Los Angeles
- Europe – Amsterdam, Switzerland, London, Frankfurt
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for DKO. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i7-8700 or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – GTX 960 or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Divine Knockout with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a great service for fixing lag. It helps by allowing you to change your IP address to one in a different region of the world. Your original IP will also be masked. This means that games that have IP banned your account can many times be played with a VPN. ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries around the world. You will also be able to take advantage of the special deals that are available in other regions of the world. Many company’s charge less for video games and DLCs in different countries. Brazil is one of the best places to connect to take advantage of this. ExpressVPN can help you change your IP and reduce lag.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.