Deathloop is an FPS where you live through the same day over and over again. You can a rival assassin are trapped in this timeloop. The goal of the game is to keep trying new things until you finally break out. You can learn where new weapons and skills are each day, but it will all reset tomorrow. While you are searching for a way out, you will be hunted by Julianna. This character can be AI controlled or you can another person online. There will also be the option of invading other people games and trying to stop their escapes. Deathloop looks like it will be an excellent tile. Those playing online may experience lag. Some of this is cause by your own connection to the server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC and PS5.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Deathloop
Here is the quickest way to improve Deathloop lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Deathloop and enjoy!
Is Deathloop lagging on PS5? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Deathloop Lag on PC and PS5?
The popularity of Deathloop is both a blessing and a curse. You will compete against other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on PS5 then you can expect lag spikes when playing Deathloop.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Deathloop
If you are having trouble with your connection. We would first recommend that you change to using a LAN cable. It will provide you more stable and faster speeds. This may not be possible for everyone. Just understand that your WiFi may be a factor. Another suggestion that we have for PC players is to check your system. Do a simple maintenance check to make sure everything is running properly. Also make sure that your PC meets the requirements to play the game.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Deathloop Server Locations
The developers of the game are Arkane Studios. While they have not announced the location of their severs, there publisher can give us a clue. Bethesda hosts most of their games using AWS. Based on this, we can recommend you some ideal places to choose when playing Deathloop
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Deathloop. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits) or newer
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Deathloop with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.