Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance is an action game released by Wizards of the Coast. You can up to three friends can work together to battles monsters as some of D&D’s most popular characters like Drizzt Do’Urden. As you play, you will be able to upgrade your characters and find new equipment. Dark Alliance will allow you to search through Icewind Dale defeating White Dragons, Beholders, Frostgaints and more. Lag is a frustration when playing online. It can ruin your experience. Some of the problems are caused by your connection to the server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Dark Alliance
Here is the quickest way to improve Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Dark Alliance and enjoy!
Want to fix Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance
The first thing we would recommend to check is your system. For PC players this means making sure everything meets the required specs. Meanwhile, console players will want to make sure that the system is up to date. Another recommendation we have for everyone is to try using a LAN cable when possible. It is generally more faster and stable than WiFi. However, we understand this may not be possible for all. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
D&D: Dark Alliance Server Locations
Tuque Games have not released the server locations for the gam. However, since the game is co-op we have a feeling that it uses p2p servers to host sessions. If this is the case, you will want to connect to a location close to where the host is located. Otherwise, you would want to connect to a location close to where the server is. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Processor – 3.6GHz AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 3.7GHz Intel Core i5-9600K, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – AMD RX Vega 56, NVIDIA GTX 1660 ti, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a great service for fixing lag. It helps by allowing you to change your IP address to one in a different region of the world. Your original IP will also be masked. This means that games that have IP banned your account can many times be played with a VPN. ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries around the world. You will also be able to take advantage of the special deals that are available in other regions of the world. Many company’s charge less for video games and DLCs in different countries. Brazil is one of the best places to connect to take advantage of this. ExpressVPN can help you change your IP and reduce lag.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.