Crucible is an free fps published by Amazon. The new title was developed as a mainly PVP shooter. In the game you get to choose from hunters with there own unique abilities and weapons. There are three game modes that keep the game interesting. All of them have you fighting as a team with others, but the objectives of each are different. Crucible is exclusively online and this means that lag can be a huge issue. Some of the lag you may be experiencing will come from their end, but the rest of it will come from your connection to the gaming server. In this post we will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Crucible
Here is the quickest way to improve Crucible lag on PC.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Crucible and enjoy!
Want to switch regions without a VPN? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Crucible Lag?
The popularity of Crucible is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will play with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Crucible. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Crucible
First check your system and make sure that everything looks good. Some antivirus services slow down your system, while trying to protect you. You might want to disable antivirus protection or firewall settings just long enough to see if it’s causing issues. If so we suggest testing Sophos antivirus as it works well for us. We suggest you give connecting your system to a LAN cable as WiFi connections can be slower and unstable at times. You will also want to check the Crucible Twitter account for updates from the developers.
Let’s continue by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Crucible Server Locations
Amazon has not announced how they are going to host Crucible, but we have sneaking suspicion that they will use Amazon Web Services (AWS). Many gaming companies use the service for games. This is great as AWS servers are located very close to ExpressVPN’s servers.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Crucible. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10
- Processor – Intel i5-6500 (3.2 Ghz), AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – GTX 1060, Radeon RX 570, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Crucible with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience