Crossout is a post-apocalyptic MMO. The game has you grinding for materials to make unique weapons and vehicles. These range from flying cars to tanks. The parts are interchangeable and people are constantly finding new and better builds. You can customize a weapon and vehicle to match any style you want. After your build is done, you can fight with others in PvP. These epic battles normally end with many explosions and the addition of new gear. If you want, you and can even trade what you earned peacefully with other characters. Crossout is a really fun game, but it suffers from lag. There are many occasions where it feels laggy or your character starts randomly rubber-banding. Some of this is caused by the server, but for the most part it is due to your own connection to the game. In this post we will show you how to fix lag spikes and lower ping times with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Crossout
Here is the quickest way to improve Crossout lag on PC.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Crossout and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on PS4 or Xbox One? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Crossout Lag?
The popularity of Crossout is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will play with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Crossout. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Crossout
If you are able to connecting via LAN cable will be better as WiFi connections can be slower and unstable at times. PC gamers might want to disable antivirus protection or firewall settings just long enough to see if it’s causing issues. If so we suggest testing Sophos antivirus as it works well for us. You will want to check the status of Crossout game servers through the twitter.
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Crossout Server Locations
While the servers have not been officially announced, fans have speculated that the main servers are Europe and Russia. Luckily, ExpressVPN has servers throughout the world to help you.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Ukrane
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Crossout. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7, 8, 10 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel Core i5, AMD Ryzen, or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – DirectX 11 compatible NVIDIA GeForce 960, AMD R9 280, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Crossout with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our best choice for reducing lag. Lag is every gamers worst enemy. Nothing sucks more than terribly high ping and a laggy game. Luckily this does not have to happen. You can reduce your ping and improve your experience by using ExpressVPN. All you have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN is one of the best companies to pick because it has server locations across over 94 cities. Whether you want to play on foreign servers or game in the US, ExpressVPN has you covered. Elite gamers will also be happy to know that ExpressVPN will keep them protected from DDoS attacks by hiding their true IP. You will be able to game with less lag safely.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.