Crime Boss: Rockay City is a new FPS where you try to become the head of crime in the city. In this 90s setting, there is a turf war going on for control. You play as Tracis Baker, an up and coming crime boss with the goal of taking over the city. You will have to fight many rival gangs and partner up with others. As you play through the game, you will steal, shoot, make deals, and form rivalries. You don’t have to play alone as Crime Boss Rockay City has a PVE co-op mode that supports up to four players at a time online. Lag is an issue for many gamers. It causes stuttering, lowers framerates, and more. One of the main causes is your own connection to the server. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Crime Boss: Rockay City
Here is the quickest way to improve Crime Boss: Rockay City lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Crime Boss: Rockay City and enjoy!
Want to fix Crime Boss: Rockay City lag on PS5 or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Crime Boss: Rockay City
One of the best ways to improve your gaming experience is to increase your speeds. Both console and PC players can benefit from running a wired connection. A LAN cable will normally provide a faster and more stable connection than WiFi. We understand that this is not possible for all. However, do be aware that sometime this could be the cause. Another suggestion is to reduce the amount of other devices online. For example, if you are streaming a show and playing a game at the same time, then the bandwidth is split between both activities. One way of improving performance is to turn off other online activities. This ensures that more of your bandwidth is devoted to the game.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Crime Boss: Rockay City Server Locations
The developers of the game have not released how they are hosting the title. However, since it mainly uses co-op for online game modes, there is a good chance it will use a p2p connection. If this is the case, you will want to connect to a server location close to where the host is located. We will provide suggestions from around the world.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Crime Boss: Rockay City. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- Processor – Intel Core i5-10600K, AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, or better
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8 GB, or better
- Memory – 16 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Crime Boss: Rockay City with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our top choice for fixing lag issues. It can shorten your connection to the game server. This can help reduce your latency and ping. ExpressVPN has servers in over 94 countries around the world. Many of them are very close to the where the biggest company’s like Steam, EA, Microsoft, and Nintendo host their games. You can connect to the video game in different regions and play with friends internationally. Another benefit that a VPN will provide is unblocking any geo-restricted games. You can play the most popular titles from anywhere in the world. Perhaps best of all, ExpressVPN will help you reduce ping and fix lag.
ExpressVPN has an exciting exclusive discount of 49% off a year subscription of VPN with an extra 3 months for all our readers. You can play online with less lag and improved privacy. Take advantage of regional exclusives and play with friends internationally through the over 160 server locations. It is easy to use and available across a variety of devices. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This gives you a full month to see how a VPN can help your gaming experience.