Call of Duty: Vanguard is set during the end of World War II. You will fight across the Eastern Front, Western Front, The Pacific, and North Africa in the games main campaign. Call of Duty Vanguard Zombies has you fighting against Oberfuhrer Woldram Von List’s undead army. This brings more variety to the game mode through magic that boosts your abilities. The games multiplayer will have 20 maps from day one and a variety of ways to play. Those wanting to play online may experience lag. Nothing is worse than rubber banding or missing completely due to a laggy connection. Many of these problems are caused by your own connection to the game’s server. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provides suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Vanguard
Here is the quickest way to improve Call of Duty: Vanguard lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Call of Duty: Vanguard and enjoy!
Want to fix lag spikes on Xbox One or PS4? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Call of Duty: Vanguard Lag?
The popularity of the Call of Duty franchise is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will playing with users with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing CoD Vanguard. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips on How to Reduce Lag Spikes in Call of Duty Vanguard
One tip that I have for those who want to reduce in game latency is going into the options menue. Many games like call of duty require your graphics card to do a lot of work. Turning off features like motion blur and reducing the graphics level at which your game run will help you improve your frames per second. Your machine should be able to run it better when the on a lower graphical setting. My second piece of advice for everyone is switching to a LAN cable when possible. A wired connection will typically be stronger and more reliable than WiFi. However, we understant that this is not possible for everyone. Lastly, sometimes it is the severs. Massively popular franchises like COD will experience problems occasionally. The piece of advice we can give when that happens is to check the developers and games social media accounts. As well as try playing at less popular times of the day.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Server Locations
Activision has not officially announced who they are using to host Call of Duty: Vanguard. However, we have found some of the sever locations they have used for other titles in the past. We can make excellent recommendations on some great ExpessVPN servers to try.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angles
- Europe – Frankfurt and London
- Asia Pacific – Tokyo, Singapore, or Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Call of Duty: Vanguard. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game. Having above or at the recommended is often best solution.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor – Intel Core i7-4770K, AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, or better
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, or better
- RAM: 16 GB
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Call of Duty: Vanguard with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN can help improve your ping and reduce lag in online games. It will also protect your data through encryption. ExpressVPN has an exclusive discount with our readers that you can take advantage of. You can get a full year of VPN for 49% off with an extra 3 months for free. You will be able to save on your favorite games. Unblock geo-restricted content and get around firewalls at work or school to play anywhere. ExpressVPN gives you a 30 day money back guarantee. You can test out the service for one month and see all the benefits it provides.