Battlefield 2042 is another entry in the popular franchise. It is set to be an excellent FPS. The game is bringing back the Conquest and Breakthrough modes. It also features 128 player large battles. In the multiplayer game, there are many hazard zones. The world is constantly changing and you will have to adapt to disasters like storms on the go. 2042 will feature new futuristic weapons, vehicles, equipment, and more. The game also features specialists that have their own unique playstyles. Those wanting to play the multiplayer may experience lag. Some of this is caused by the server, but the rest is from your own connection to the game. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Battlefield 2042
Here is the quickest way to improve Battlefield 2042 lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Battlefield 2042 and enjoy!
Want to fix Battlefield 2042 lag on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Battlefield 2042
The first recommendation we have for everyone is to use a LAN cable when possible. It is generally more faster and stable than WiFi. However, we understand this may not be possible for all. Another suggestion we have is checking your system to make sure everything is running well. Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Battlefield 2042 Server Locations
The developers of the game are DICE. While they have not released the sever locations of the game, the publisher, Electronic Arts, typically uses AWS. This is good as ExpressVPN has severs close to them. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Battlefield 2042. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 3 1300X, Intel Core i7 4790, or better.
- Video Card – AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, or better
- Memory – 12 GB RAM
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Battlefield 2042 with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.