Astellia is a MMORPG developed by Studio 8. In the game you are tasked with adventuring alone or with others to protect the world. You are an Astellian with the power to take down the monsters in the battlefields and dungeons. The game does a good job balancing for players who want to play solo by basing experienced gained based on performance. Lag can ruin your experience. Some of it might come from the server, but the rest of it is from your own connection to the game. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Astellia
Here is the quickest way to improve Astellia lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Astellia and enjoy!
You can also use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service for a faster experience.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your system.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your system to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Astellia Lag?
The popularity of Astellia is both a blessing and a curse. As we mentioned, you will work with other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general then you can expect lag spikes when playing Astellia. The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Astellia
Let’s start by looking at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server. Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Astellia Server Locations
Astellia’s server locations have not been officially released. However, we did find a forum that theorized that there might be servers in California and the Netherlands.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – Amsterdam, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Astellia. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 7 (64-bit) or newer
- Processor – Intel i7 Series Intel Xeon Series or better
- Memory – 8 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GTX770, NVIDIA GTX960, AMD R9 280X, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Astellia with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our choice for fixing lag. All you will have to do is connect to a server location close to where the game is hosted. ExpressVPN has 160 server locations throughout the world for you to choose from. Gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Bethseda, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo use similar hosts. Some of the most popular hosts are Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). ExpressVPN has servers located close to these data centers. This will give you a closer connection to the game and improve your experience. You will be able to reduce ping and fix lag by using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has an exciting discount that is only offered to our users. You will be able to get 49% off a year of VPN with an extra 3 months added for free. This means you will be able to use the VPN and MediaStreamer service for over a year. If you are not satisfied, ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Play online with less lag on PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more. You will also be able to take advantage of the service by using as much bandwidth as needed. I hope ExpressVPN improves your gaming experience