Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the next in the next title in the series. It has you playing as Eivor, a Viking the leads their clan towards a new land. In the game, you will lead raids to conquer England, create settlements, and explore the open world. Your decisions in battle and dialog impact the world around you. The online mode features in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will help you and your friends gain more wealth through mercenaries you make. While connected to the internet, you may experience more lag in the game. This is an announce that can end up putting you in a bad position or even break your combos. While some lag might be caused by the server, the rest comes from your own connection to the game. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Here is the quickest way to improve Assassins Creed Valhalla lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and enjoy!
Want to fix Assassins Creed Valhalla lag on PS4 and PS5? Want to fix Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lag on Xbox One and Xbox Series X? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
Why Does Assassin’s Creed Lag on PC and Console?
The popularity of Assassin’s Creed is both a blessing and a curse. The servers see a lot of traffic due to the amount of players. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on Xbox One or PS4 then you can expect lag spikes when playing AC Valhalla.
The two main considerations for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to help. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics card. Everyone needs a fast Internet connection.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
For those on PC you will first want to make sure your set up is optimized for the game. We will cover this further later. One thing that can help all gamers is fixing connection issues. I would highly recommend using a LAN cable if you can. It normally provides a faster and more stable connection than you can get through using your WiFi. I would also recommend looking online to see if Ubisoft scheduled maintenance for the server or if others are having similar problems.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Your ISP isn’t focused on this issue as much as VPN providers. They know that it’s a competitive advantage if they can offer you a faster router to key locations. Most of the game developers host regional game servers in the same locations. This allows VPNs to offer better routes and will give you a boost in performance.
Assassin’s Creed Server Locations
Ubisoft uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host many of there popular titles. While they have not announced what service they use with the Assassins Creed franchise, it is most likely the same. This is great as AWS servers are located very close to ExpressVPN’s servers.
Here is a list of the recommended VPN server locations for each region.
- United States – Washington DC and Seattle
- Europe – London, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to come as close as possible (or above) these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 (64-bits) or later (64-bit)
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 5 3600X – 3.8 Ghz, Intel i7 – 8700K – 3.7 Ghz, or better
- Video Card – AMD RX 5700XT – 8GB, GeForce RTX 2080 S, or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM (Dual-channel mode)
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Assassin’s Creed Valhalla with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN to fix lag. They allow you to receive a superior gaming experience by reducing ping and protecting your information. You will be able to connect to any of the server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN allows you to be closer to your game server and lowers the latency. It will do so while protecting your IP address. You will appear as if you are actually from the location you are connecting to. It gives you a kill switch and protects against DDoS attacks, while playing. You can reduce lag and play safer with ExpressVPN.
We’re excited to share an exclusive discount on ExpressVPN for our readers. You can save up to 49% off a year of VPN and receive an extra 3 months of free VPN. Enjoy unlimited access to both their VPN network and MediaStreamer service. Save on your favorite games and reduce lag. Protect against DDoS attacks and unblock restrictions at school or work. ExpressVPN offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you will have a month to test their VPN and experience all the benefits of the service.