Arcadegeddon is a new multiplayer shooter. The story has you and up to three others exploring biomes, playing mini games, making friends, and fighting an evil virus to help save Gilly’s arcade. The multiplayer portion of the game allows you to play PVP or PVE matches. There is also additional challenges that will help you earn more points on the leaderboards of Arcadegeddon. This is the type of game that easy to play and you can develop your skills over time. The online game modes allow for co-op experience of main story or a Battle Royale style matches. Those wanting to play Arcadegeddon may have trouble with lag. Many gamers often have trouble with large online titles. Nothing is worse than lag spikes and rubber-banding. In this post we will teach you how to fix lag with a VPN. We will provide suggestions for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Lag Spikes in Arcadegeddon
Here is the quickest way to improve Arcadegeddon lag on PC with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Download the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the region you wish to play in.
- Test to see if your ping has lowered from your normal response time.
- Launch Arcadegeddon and enjoy!
Want to fix Arcadegeddon lag on PS4, Xbox One, PS5, or Xbox Series X/S? If so follow these instructions.
- Register for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee)
- Log into Expressvpn.com and go to the “DNS Settings” tab.
- Click the button to register your IP address.
- You can also set dynamic DNS (more technical users)
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab
- Look for the “Set up on all your devices” section and click on the “see all devices” link.
- Click on the set up guide for your console. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer supports PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. They also have a YouTube video to help Nintendo Switch users get set up.
- Make note of the IP address given in the set up box to the right of the screen.
- Set the DNS on your console to the IP given on the ExpressVPN site.
More Tips to Fix Lag Spikes in Arcadegeddon
Both console and PC players can benefit from reducing ping. One way of achieving this goal for both is keeping your system up to date. Make sure you have updated the console to the latest patch and that no other titles are being downloaded/updated in the background. You could be losing a lot of bandwidth towards this and not even realize it. On PC, you can look at your task manager and see if their are any unnecessary programs that are taking a lot of power. Sometimes, you will have things that you do not need running in the background without realizing it. Another way to improve your speeds when playing is decreasing your graphical quality. For FPS titles like Arcadegeddon framerate is very important. Reducing the graphics can often help your system run the game better. It can also help cut down the amount stuttering and lag that would result from trying to run an online game with a high amount of graphical detail.
Otherwise, let’s look at the best way to increase your Internet speed and lower ping times. In doing so you can expect less lag and a better gaming experience. We recommend testing a VPN to improve ping and reduce your lag. The key is to find a better route between your system and the game server.
Arcadegeddon Server Locations
IllFonic is an American based video game company. They have not announced where the servers are going to be located for this title. However, we can make estimates based on other similar games. We have recommend specific VPN server locations based on the region you wish to play in.
Here are some key VPN servers locations for ExpressVPN.
- United States – Washington DC and Los Angeles
- Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Stockholm
- Asia Pacific – Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney
- South America – Sao Paulo
- China – Hong Kong
System Requirements and Recommendations
This section is mainly for PC gamers. You will want to make sure you have the proper system specs for Arcadegeddon. The minimum requirements are often not enough to enjoy the game.
You will want to try and be above these recommended system specs.
- Operating system – Windows 10 or newer
- Processor – Intel i7 5820K or better
- Memory – 16 GB RAM
- Video card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 without Raytracing, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Raytracing, or better
Here is a little more information on using a VPN for gaming.
How to Play Arcadegeddon with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a great service for fixing lag. It helps by allowing you to change your IP address to one in a different region of the world. Your original IP will also be masked. This means that games that have IP banned your account can many times be played with a VPN. ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries around the world. You will also be able to take advantage of the special deals that are available in other regions of the world. Many company’s charge less for video games and DLCs in different countries. Brazil is one of the best places to connect to take advantage of this. ExpressVPN can help you change your IP and reduce lag.
ExpressVPN is an excellent service to use when gaming. They help you gain discounts and early access to new titles. ExpressVPN provides extra protection against DDoS attacks and reduces lag. All our readers will be happy to learn that we have an exclusive discount for you to use. ExpressVPN will give you 49% off a year of VPN and receive another 3 months of VPN for free. This is coupled with their 30 day money back guarantee so you can test out the service for a month and see how it can improve your online experience.